Our client in Linwood is URGENTLY looking to recruit 2 trainee administration staff. One would be working in their customer services team and the other in the logistics division.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to gain a Modern Apprenticeship in a transport operation which includes undertaking a SVQ Logistics Operations qualification via a training programme.
This is a temp to permanent role and the candidates will transfer to the client after working a 12 week probation period. During this time the successful candidates will receive on the job training, support, and mentoring. A positive and professional attitude and the ability to demonstrate initiative is essential as are excellent communication and organisational skills.
Training and development will be given with regard to the following responsibilities and duties which will include but are not limited to:
• Providing administrative support for the safe, legal and effective planning and running of a fleet of vehicles and drivers
• Maintaining outstanding levels of customer service for several of the Company’s contracts by liaising with customer personnel via telephone and email
• Ensuring that relevant Transport systems are updated accurately and in real time as and when changes occur throughout the shift
• Maintaining excellent levels of communication with internal staff
• Issuing appropriate paperwork to Drivers at the beginning of shift. Ensuring that completed paperwork is collected from Drivers upon completion of each shift (brief/debrief)
• Entering accurate real-time delivery updates onto customers own internal systems e.g. Late arrivals, delivery time changes etc
• General ad-hoc duties to support the smooth running of the operation
Logistics experience is not essential as full training will be provided. However, knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Outlook would be beneficial.
The days of work are Monday to Friday and are expected to comprise a 37.5 hour working week and salary will be dependent on experience.
Please note that by applying for this role, you are agreeing for the relevant checks to be carried out in respect of your potential eligibility to take part in a funded vocational Modern Apprenticeship programme.
If you feel you would be suited for this role then apply now or contact email@example.com