ProactiveRecLtd Proactive Recruitment
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced weekend Traffic Planner at their busy depot in Linwood.
This role is ideally suited to an individual with a keen interest in transport and distribution who can demonstrate a proven record of effective and efficient transport planning within a national busy fleet operation. The overall objective of this role is to ensure that the customer receives a first-class service whilst maintaining cost-effectiveness.
This will initially be a 3-month contract with the opportunity to go permanent
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing professional customer service
- Day-to-day load planning and scheduling of the fleet
- Prioritising workload and route planning
- Daily driver brief and de-brief
- Tachograph tracking
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Liaising with other internal departments
Key skills and attributes:
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Knowledge and understanding of Driver’s Working Time Regulations
- Awareness of Driver’s CPC legislation
- Effective team player
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good IT skills and exposure to route planning software or equivalent
- Transport related experience preferred
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the priorities of organising and running commercial traffic, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, the ability to learn quickly, professional confidence and clear communication skills together with a familiarity of common computer packages i.e., Microsoft Office or equivalent. Previous experience with Road Runner or similar route planning software is advantageous.
32 hours of work Friday-Sunday
£16.91 per hour